I looked like I got dressed in a dark house with no mirrors but got hit on several times today. That tells me one of three things:
- Men will hit on anyone who closely resembles a woman,
- My imaginary diet is working or,
- Iyanla was right; smiling at everyone you see is really attractive.
Hmm, two out of three is a win in my book.
The first come on was in the line at the grocery store. Another was at the gas station. That one was my favorite,
You’re way too fine to be pumping your own gas. Let me help you out…
So, Iyanla says that smiling is one way to attract people, and to instantly make yourself look better. I don’t want to walk around with the A.B.W (angry, black, woman) scowl on my face so I’ve turned frequent grinning into a habit. I catch myself smiling without thinking sometimes.
At first I was afraid/ I was petrified….I’d look like the cat from Alice in Wonderland, walking around with a goofy grin but what the hell; I couldn’t have looked half as crazy by smiling as I did by the clothes today.
I normally put some thought into what I put on before I go out; but not today. It was a chilly, lazy day and I wasn’t the least bit concerned with appearance. I was told long, long ago to always leave the house looking decent in case I meet my future husband but today I trekked around in actual leggings, actual boots and an actual sweater, with headphones and dark shades. My future ex-husband just had to deal with it.
I focus on smiling more than anything because I can always take my time and doll up, but what’s a hot ensemble with a nasty attitude? Maybe women should try it; smile at EVERY man you see, unless he’s with another woman. In that case, you’re on your own.
I’m pleased that members of the opposite sex acknowledge my effort. Legend has it, women get dressed for each other but that’s a lie from the pits of hell. I get dressed for men; to hell with you women. I don’t want ya’ll.
I need a man.
- Street harassment: No, it’s not flattering (thegrio.com)
- The Broken Black Woman (openeyeforum.wordpress.com)
- Random Smiles. (aurorasdreams.wordpress.com)
- Day 117 A women’s smile (tywood12.wordpress.com)
- Smiling Is Infectious (intercessionuk.com)
- Just smile. (withreverence.wordpress.com)
- Hey Lady, You Don’t Have To Smile (torontonannyblog.com)
- The Fix-It Woman: Iyanla’s Back With New Season (blackamericaweb.com)
- “I’m fine!” Please Stop Asking! (javaj240.wordpress.com)
- Beauty and the Smile (sweetheartloveheart.wordpress.com)